Wednesday 2 October 2019

CZECH REPUBLIC - Nothing Better Than a Drop of Tepid Water

Step 1 - Buy your cup.


This one is actually very restrained, believe me there is some real tourist tat available here.


Step 2 - Go to a fountain and fill your cup


I started with a 30 degree one



Step 3 - Gently slip the water by sucking it through the handle of your cup which has a hole through it like a straw.



Step 4 - Stroll around the town, sipping your water and breathing in the fresh morning air.




Step 5 - Refill your cup when empty, from a different fountain at a different temperature.


Next one for me 53 degrees



Step 6 - Repeat until you find the temperature of water that best suits your constitution,



I have to admit that the 30 degree one was actually quite pleasant with the next being OK, however, after that things went downhill quite fast. At 62 degrees the water is quite disgusting and at 72 degrees in my opinion undrinkable.

The 72 degree fountain

After you have spent the morning sipping and wandering, the afternoon can be spent in one of the many Sanotoria where they can spray you in it, soak you in it and I reckon if necessary embalm you with it. If you fancy a spot of Colon Hydrotherapy then Karlovy Vary is the place for you.

As for me, my colon is very content thank you, so I took the funicular up the hill behind the town for a spot of lunch and a look at the view from the observation tower.


If all this has whetted your appetite for a visit to Karlovy Vary then I should really recommend coming in April when the town hosts the annual "Aristocrats Ball" A social gathering for nobles from all over Europe, it's the biggest event in the town's calendar.

In the meantime I must go now, it's time for my evening dose of 30 degrees and a short stroll around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food