Thursday 22 December 2022

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food

I thought for this post we would look at some of the food I have found on this trip

Pizza - In Bergamo I found a place that sold pizza by the kilo - You chose what pizza you wanted and gave the shop assistant an idea of the size of piece you wanted. They then cut a piece off and weighed it just like a butchers, you paid by the kilo, they cooked it for you and you sat down and ate. Just look at how much cheese you are expected to eat - now i like Mozzarella and Burrata but really?



Afternoon tea in Luzern does not involve scones, jam or cream but cake - proper cake, really expensive cake


This stall at the Como Christmas Market wouldn't get past the Vegan Animal Activists in the UK - yes that is a pigs head on the left - but the Pork Pannini were lovely.


I have found heaven in Milan - I am not going to reveal how many times I have been to the "Pick and Mix" counter in the Lindt shop but it is more than once! Oh and as you can see - it's open late.



As this is the last post of the trip by the time you read this I should be at home. I really do hope that the 1928 trams keep going for a few more years as it would be lovely to return to Milan for their centenary - I'm sure the transport authority will have some sort of special event to mark the year.

In the meantime the final Christmas tree is another from Milan - Merry Christmas!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food