Saturday 12 February 2022

ENGLAND - You thought I had forgotten!

I bet you thought that I had forgotten that York is home to the worlds largest museum devoted to all things trains and railways. Well I hadn't, its just a case that I had to fit a day there around the various amended opening times due to it being February and also the pandemic, and the limited transport to places like Fountains Abbey. But here we are at the National Railway Museum. I could bore you for hours about this place but instead I will just leave you with a few pictures.

The only Japanese Shinkansen (Bullet Train) outside of Japan

Amazing to think that the e300 Eurostars are now out of date and in the national collection

Mallard - still holds the world record for the fastest ever steam loco (126mph)

Inter-City 125 - the greatest train ever built!
One of these holds the world speed record for a diesel train (148mph)

Evening Star - the last steam loco built for British Rail

Stephenson's Rocket - the loco that started it all


No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food