Sunday 27 September 2020

SCOTLAND - Homeward Bound

The original plan was for a couple of more days in Scotland and a flight home, but due to the tightened restrictions, some things that I had planned to do in the Glasgow area have been cancelled. Therefore I decided to quit while I was ahead with the refund from the cancelled hotel nights covering the cost of an earlier train home (I couldn't change the flight because those on Sunday were full). So of course by the time you read this I will be safely back in Kent.

But before I leave Scotland I must share with you a culinary first - well for me anyway


The orange ice cream is not what you might expect - orange, tangerine or even melon - actually it's Irn Bru ice cream. I don't actually like Irn Bru but when I saw it I had to give it a go, needless to say I don't now like Irn Bru ice cream either!!

So where to go next - and more importantly when? That latter point is as we know a big IF but what I can tell you is that I have a trip to Ireland that has been rescheduled for next year, the flight from Edinburgh to London for this trip can also be rescheduled, I have a voucher from Eurostar to use and one from British Airways as well - so there are possibilities!

In the meantime I will leave you with a few last pictures of Edinburgh taken this morning with cloudless blue skies.

The Mercat (market) Cross







No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food