Wednesday 5 February 2020

MEXICO - An Evenings Entertainment

Firstly lets talk food - there are three rules with Mexican food.

1) If a Mexican tells you "It's not spicy" - The flavour will leave you gasping for air but you'll live.

2) If a Mexican tells you "It's a little bit spicy" - The flavour will leave you in hospital.

3) If a Mexican tells you "It's spicy" - Your travel insurance will not cover you to eat it.

My hosts have been a little amused at my inability to cope with the food here. I think they were feeling sorry for me because they took me to a restaurant where I could get Fish & Chips! OK the chips were sweet potato but wow was it a welcome relief from tacos and tortillas that set you on fire!

Secondly lets talk entertainment.

In London if you have guests that you want to entertain you may like to take them to the theatre especially Shakespeare's Globe or if they are a bit sporty then possibility Wimbledon or the cricket.

Well here in Mexico they took me to the wrestling!



Wrestling is big business here and they have graffiti that depicts the stars too. It was good fun and with all the Mexican's cheering and shouting the atmosphere was great. Definitely something I would not have done without a local present.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food