Friday 3 January 2020

LITHUANIA - The Final Day in Vilnius

My final day in Vilnius brought another morning of crisp cold air and cloudless blue sky. So I started by climbing up the cathedral bell tower, followed by a stroll around the city centre.

 

Looking down on the cathedral (through the pigeon protection!)
Vilnius's Main Street

The Palace of the Dukes of Lithuania - Now the State Museum

The Palace of the Dukes of Lithuania

The Presidential Palace



























Then this afternoon it was a short trip on another of those Polish built railcars to the airport for my flight back to London.


Some things to finish off with. 

If you were wondering how much all those contactless metro journeys were in Kyiv, the charges have started arriving on my statement and they were 26p each - bargain!

Secondly don't forget that we are all Orthodox now, so it's Christmas again next Tuesday!

Lastly my next adventure is only 4 weeks away as I am flying to Mexico on January 30th - see you all there!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ITALY/SWITZERLAND - Food Glorious Food